Sunday, 15 October 2017

AUTUMN LOOKBOOK!



Hello there! Sorry it's been a while (again) but life got in the way as usual. Have I told you I'm moving to New York in the New Year? Yep! Expect a lot more posts on that, I will be documenting everything about the move.





But anyway, back to this post. I had been meaning to fill out the other sections of my blog for quite some time, as I realised I had only really done travel and lifestyle. The thought of fashion always seemed daunting to me. I don't know why because I've always loved fashion and I'm not afraid to admit it, but I guess it was the pressure of picking different stuff out to wear and having to buy things if I thought I didn't have enough...

Back before I got into the big bad old corporate world, I worked in retailers such as Brown Thomas (an Irish luxury department store) and Zara. Throughout my time in both companies, I met some amazingly creative and eccentric people and also grew a love of fashion, picking up styles of both high-fashion and high-street. I practically spent all my wages in here and I have picked up a lot of stuff over the years, so this post was very overdue. Also, even though we now live in a world where men love clothes as much as women, I feel like there's very little lookbooks/fashion blogs out there for men. I have a few guy friends who often ask me where I have gotten certain things, so I'm hoping this helps some people out.

And what better season to do it in than Autumn? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in saying this, but Autumn is by far my favourite season. There's a soft golden sunlight that still lingers after Summer, the air starts to get just slightly crisp and cold, the leaves turn beautiful shades of red, amber and brown and of course: Autumn fashion. And let's not forget about Halloween (being a horror fanatic, this is basically my Christmas).

With the help of my lovely sister Barbara and her boyfriend Evan who is also into photography, we set foot for Ardgillan Castle & Demesne as our destination for the photoshoot. We're very fortunate to live just ten minutes away from this enchanting location. It's a unique castle in Skerries/Balbriggan in front of the sea, surrounded by forests, rose gardens, fruit, vegetable and herb gardens and even a cafe where you can bring your dog called Paws Cafe. It couldn't have been a more perfect spot for the shoot and it looks breathtaking around this time of year.

I ransacked my wardrobe for every Autumnal piece of clothing I could find, stuffed everything into a big suitcase, and we headed for the castle grounds with two cameras and my phone. Naturally as we arrived, it started raining, but this didn't stop us. Between having to change into different outfits in the rain, picking different spots to shoot in, cameras running out of battery and all three of us getting soaked, it was definitely an adventure and I can't thank them enough for having to put up with this! But we all had a lot of fun, and I hope you appreciate how the photos turned out. I will link everything I'm wearing below (what I can find anyway). And stay tuned for more Autumn posts!


Tom.


Denim jacket: Zara - https://bit.ly/2gcoq84
Burgundy jumper: H&M - http://bit.ly/2xIIF8r
Black jeans: H&M - http://bit.ly/2xGWWm7
Desert boots: TK Maxx


Watch: Daniel Wellington - https://bit.ly/2xIKphY

Coat: Zara - https://bit.ly/2gcsipB
Scarf: H&M


Cable Jumper: River Island
Scarf: H&M

Tan Suede Bomber Jacket: River Island - https://bit.ly/2xHqYX0


Black coat: Zara - https://bit.ly/2gcoIMc
Turtle neck: River Island

Camel Trench: Zara
Red Tartan Flannel: Dunnes Stores
Camera: Canon EOS 70D - https://bit.ly/2xIKnqB



Black denim jacket: Zara - https://bit.ly/2gcoq84
Flannel: Dunnes Stores






Denim jacket: Zara
Scarf: H&M











2 comments:

  1. Fab photos and beautiful setting, well done. Enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Anne, really appreciate it. Glad you enjoy it! :)

      Delete

Copyright @ TOMÁS QUINN. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign