Hello there, it's been a while! I've been consciously trying to spend a little less time on the internet and trying to read more so apologies for the long delay since my previous blog post, which you can find here.
However, I finally made it to the beauty that is the National Botanic Gardens of Ireland! I've been meaning to go here for a while; it's pretty much any amateur photographer's dream. I was actually meant to go last week and was en route, however my car broke down just ten minutes away so had to do a raincheck!
The Gardens are located in Glasnevin, 5km north-west from the city. The 20 hectares of land are situated between Prospect Cemetery and the River Tolka where it forms part of the river's floodplain. The gardens were founded in 1975 by the Dublin Society and they have grown to hold 20,000 living plants, some of which include Venus fly traps and exploding cucumbers. The Gardens are divided into different outdoor habitats such as a rockery, herbaceous border, rose garden, bog garden, arboretum as well as vegetable and herb gardens. There are also several architecturally notable greenhouses, which are what makes the Botanic Gardens pretty spectacular. These greenhouses feature tall and curved ceilings and have vast amounts of fauna & foliage inside, with very hot and humid temperatures. It brought me right back to the Cloud Forest in Singapore! I took a lot of photos and will leave them all below. I can't recommend this place enough, it's so close to the city and it's definitely somewhere I'll be back again and again.
Tom.

































No comments:
Post a Comment