Tuesday, 9 May 2017

LOUGH ENNELL | WESTMEATH


Holla :)

Hope you're all enjoying the 5 days of glorious Irish summer! Supposedly tomorrow is the last day of it so have to make the best of it.


This weekend's adventure was a trip to Lough Ennell. Lough Ennell is a lake near the town of Mullingar in County Westmeath. It is situated beside the N52 road, off the Mullingar/Kilbeggan road. It is approximately 7.2 long by 3.2 km wide, with an area of about 3,540 acres (14.3km)2The lake is dotted with islands, many of which have now become attached to the shoreline as the levels of the lake have changed.

My sister had suggested making the best of the weather and renting out boats and spending the day at the lake, stopping at the islands and having a picnic and we were all on board. The provider of the boat rentals was Lilliput Adventure Centre, which I'll link below:


We rented out two boats, at 50 euro each for a half day (4 hours). The boats are complete with an engine and rows. We all agreed this was fantastic value and they were very flexible with the time (as we were an hour late coming back after getting lost in the lake!)



















I can't recommend this place enough as something to do on the weekend, I feel like it's not really well known and it should be. I don't know if it was the hot weather or the lake, but it genuinely didn't feel like you were in Ireland and felt like a holiday. We had the loveliest day out and came back energised for the week ahead (albeit extremely sunburnt). I urge everyone to try this place out if you're looking for something outdoorsy to do this weekend. Until the next adventure!

Tom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright @ TOMÁS QUINN. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign